Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Yes, Sand Flats sells an annual pass for $25. The pass admits the card-holder and passengers in a single, private vehicle for day use through the last day of the month and year indicated on the pass. When entry is by bicycle, motorcycle or shuttle van, this pass covers card-holder and accompanying family members. This pass does not cover camping. This pass is non-transferable and nonrefundable.
One can purchase a pass at the Entrance Station from March through October. Year round a pass can be purchased at the Grand County Clerk's office in the Grand County Courthouse, 125 East Center St., Moab, Utah, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. Closed holidays.
- Park all motorized vehicles in designated parking areas.
- Tents must be on tent pad or within rock lined area and no more than 30' from metal fire ring.
- Camping is limited to 14 days within a 30 day period.
- Build fires in metal fire ring only. Gathering firewood is prohibited. No wood pallets. Do not put rocks or trash in the fire ring. Fires must be cold to the touch when you leave camp. Use water to put your fire out, not sand.
- A trash dumpster is located at the Slickrock Bike trail parking lot. A recycling center is located one mile west of the entrance station on Sand Flats Road.
- All vehicles including bicycles must stay on designated roads and trails.There are no open play areas, campgrounds included.
- Operation of vehicles off designated roads and trails is a class A misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment and/or forfeiture of vehicle. To report off road travel or vandalism call 435-259-2444.
- Use toilet facilities located in campgrounds and trailheads.
- Quiet Hours: 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. No generator use from 8 pm to 8 am.
- For after hour noise call the Sheriff’s Dispatch at 435-259-8115.
- Emergencies call 911.
- Campsite checkout time is 11 a.m.
- No discharging of firearms or fireworks.
- Dogs must be kept under restraint. Please clean up after your pet.
- Dumping: None
- Water: None
Yes, Sand Flats has two reservable group sites located in Echo (E) campground.
The reservation fee is $10. The camping fee is $60 per night.
The sites will accommodate 16 people and 6 passenger vehicles. All vehicles and trailers must fit within the assigned parking area.
The group leader is responsible for being familiar with all of the rules and regulations of the Sand Flats Recreation Area and for ensuring other members of the group adhere to these rules. The group may be asked to leave by the management for major noise complaints, facility or resource damage. The leader may receive a citation for excessive noise during quiet hours, or substantial resource or facility damage to the site.
If you would like to reserve a site please go to Group Site Reservations. If you have a group larger than 16 people and want to reserve a group campsite in the area you can call the BLM at 435-259-2100 or visit their website.
View images from Campsites E-1 and E-10 .
For lost dogs or problem dogs call Animal Control at 435-259-8115.